Galatians 6:14

But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Crazy Love

Oh my dear friends,

My heart is overwhelmed when I think about the way we are relentlessly pursued by our Lover, King Jesus.

Oh God, You are my God. Earnestly I seek You, my soul thirsts for You, my flesh faints for You as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary, beholding Your power and glory. Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live, in Your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise You with joyful lips.
~ Psalm 63: 1-5

"O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee. I long to be filled with longing, I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up My love, My fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long."
~ A.W. Tozer

May we fall deeper in love with Jesus,

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment