Galatians 6:14

But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Weekend Fun

I had such a fantastic weekend! I got to spends it with my best friend in NC.  My sister Faith went with me because Hannah is her best friend, so ended up working great because I didn't want to drive by myself :) On Friday, by the time we got there it was time to prepare dinner, so we made pizza for pizza/movie night. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but wow, nothing beats homemade pizza! And for the movie we watched "Polar Express" a sure Christmas classic. Saturday started early, we were up by 7 am getting ready to go into town. Us girls have started a new tradition whenever we get together and that's going to a Coffee Shop to hang out, talk, and drink coffee. There's a fabulous shop called "Dunkin Grind" that we went to. Then we watched Nate test and get his yellow belt in karate. Congratulations Nate!! After the karate test we were off on an adventure to find the perfect Christmas tree, a mission that was very successful ;) Then we went and got some yummy hot chocolate from a quaint country store called the "Mercantile". And back home. The evening was filled with Dutch Blitz tournaments, family fun, and encouraging conversations. Sunday we went to church, and the pastor talked about Jesus being THE good Shepherd, and what a sweet reminder it was to me to know that as the Good Shepherd, He leads me in the way everlasting. We had lunch with some of the Edmondsons friends and had a great time of fellowship. For the ready of the day we just hung out and chilled, a much needed day of rest! We ended the evening by watching Sherlock Holmes, with Basil Rathbone. And the next morning Faith and I returned home.

Thank you sweet friends for the great time we had with you! Your hospitality was/is much appreciated! I look forward to seeing you much sooner than later. Love you, sweet ladies!

In Christ,
Charity








No comments:

Post a Comment