Galatians 6:14

But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Friday, June 11, 2010

May I Recommend a Book...

I would like to recommend a book to people of all ages:

When I Don't Desire God, How to Fight for Joy- John Piper

Here's the synopsis taken straight from the back of the book:

For over thirty years, John Piper has been trumpeting the truth that “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.” He calls it Christian Hedonism.

The problem is that many people, after being persuaded, find out that this truth is both liberating and devastating. It’s liberating because it endorses our inborn desire for joy. And it’s devastating because it reveals that we don’t desire God the way we should.
When you discover the biblical truth that God commands our happiness in him, the absolutely urgent question becomes: What can I do if I don’t have it? With the heart of a pastor and with radical passion for the glory of Christ, John Piper wants to help you answer that question.

I pray that the one's that read this book will be blessed as much as I have by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment