Galatians 6:14

But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lovely Greetings from New Zealand!

Dear Friends,

Greetings from the land down under...New Zealand! We have been here for 3 days, and have done so much!

The flight from Raleigh to Los Angeles was pretty uneventful except that we almost missed our flight... :) From Los Angeles to Auckland was quite uneventful too. Well, besides the fact that we were in the plane for 13.5 hours! It was a very comfortable ride, nonetheless.

Once in Auckland, we managed to get a rental car and tried to make our way to our hotel. Now Auckland is New Zealands' largest city and you absolutely don't want to get lost there. Guess what happened to us? We basically got lost! But hey, we got a wonderful tour of the city :) The rest of that evening was just jolly, filled with quite time, nap, and dinner.

Yesterday we took a 12 hour train ride from Auckland to Wellington. We went along some beautiful countryside and took many pictures, but unfortunately, don't have the means to upload them just yet. It was an amazing experience, and such fun, seeing that it was my very first train ride. So we arrived in Wellington about 8ish and attempted to find our hotel, which we did. The dinner hunt began...we walked for what seemed forever looking for a place that was open to grab something to eat, but to no avail. We ended up having a gourmet meal from McDonald's. :)

So today was an activity filled day. We walked all about the city, walked on the wharf, took a tour of Parliment, went on the Cable Car, and then went to the Te Papa museum. All in a short 5 hours.

So now is time for winding down...I will post updates along with pictures very soon.

God bless!

Cheers,
Charity

2 comments:

  1. How fun my friend!!!! I miss you soo much, and am praying that you guys stay safe over there! I love you very much and can't wait to see you soon! Btw - tell Aunt Anita Happy Mother's Day for me!!!! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it sound like such fun! Tell everyone I said hello!

    Melody.

    ReplyDelete